Sunday, July 8, 2012

Prayer

Do you ever have a day when you just worry? You feel like the sky really is falling and your stomach is churning with a tidal wave of anxiety crashing over your soul. I have had a few of those days in my life. Luckily, they don't hit me very often because I find them rather debilitating. But when they hit I become desperate for relief.

It is at times like these that I am so grateful for prayer. When I pray I find a pocket of peace in my storms of anxiety. This was so very real to me when we were in the hospital with Camille. It was like I was a whale in the ocean of anxiety and grief and only when I prayed could I come up to the surface for air.

It is true now when I pray about my worries. I find peace in prayer. I know ... I feel that even if the sky does fall, even if the worst case scenario (whatever that is) happens, I will be okay.

I am so grateful for prayer. In prayer I find answers. In prayer I find faith. In prayer I find peace.

3 comments:

lesa said...

Hi, new to your blog. I used to pray that my problems would be taken away. One day I started praying that I would have courage to deal with the trials that I'd been given. That made a huge difference. I don't know how I'd make it without prayer. For that matter, I think everyone is so blessed to be able to pray if they take the time to do so.

Anonymous said...

I have been struggling with getting on my knees recently - this is perfect timing and such a good reminder of what I should be doing. Thank you!

Jonelle Hughes said...

Thank you for this post Stephanie! I know exactly what you are talking about. Sometimes it is just little bits of everything, and they gather like a cloud and you feel helpless to move out from under them. I appreciate you sharing, because I think sometimes we may feel we are the only ones that experience this. I have found that prayer helps me move out of the shadow of the cloud and not live under it too long. That is the danger zone, living under it for too long. So grateful none of us are really alone. :)