Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cheesecake Filled Strawberries

I am still recuperating. The Dr. gave me 3 prescriptions and they are helping but I am still hunkered down at home today. Now I have 3 sick kids to boot. :) So we are all home from church since Jon is taking care of us all.

I had planned to share a treat with you all for sometime and now seems as good a day as any to blog about it. The other day my friend Emily brought me a delicious treat with dinner she made my family. (Emily is a member of my dinner group and brings my family dinner every Thursday. I take dinner to her every Tuesday.)

They were Cheesecake filled Strawberries and they were divine. I made a bunch for a family gathering later and they were gone in minutes. Here is how you make them.

First gather ingredients for the filling:
1 box of cream cheese softened
1t vanilla
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/3 package of cheesecake flavored Jello
(this time I also added lime zest and lime juice to make it more tropical)

Whip up all the filling ingredients and taste to make sure it is sweet enough for your taste. Filling can be doubled or tripled depending on how many strawberries you have to fill. This much should fill about 2 lbs. of berries.

Next hull out the centers of your strawberries and cut off the tips to make a flat bottom for them to stand up nicely.

Put the filling in a pastry bag (or ziplock with tip cup off.)

Then fill the centers of the berries.

Lastly, dust the tops with graham cracker crumbs.
Put them in front of people then stand back and watch them disappear! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Curtis & Tanisha said...

I was wondering of you could tell me more about how your dinner group works??

chercard said...

oh my! sound heavenly...cheesecake and strawberries, two of my most favorite foods!

Tiffany said...

After LOVING your sugar cookie recipe, I trust that these will be just as good. They look delicious!I may have to give them a try.

Anonymous said...

we tried these with all six kids this weekend. they turned out wonderful. we loved making them together and we loved eating them together. thank you for the recipe. :)

Anonymous said...

Those look wonderful!! I am going to make them this weekend! Thanks.