Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Glasses

When I was about 14 I got glasses for the first time. I found out I needed them when I tried a pair of my friends glasses on for fun and realized I could see so much better with them on. That was ... a few years ago. Since then I have had 1 other pair of frames. I have never lost my glasses... until a couple weeks ago.

The last 2 weeks I have been searching for my glasses. Finally my husband told me to go get a new pair. The old pair were falling apart anyway seeing as how they were like 15 years old. So yesterday I went to the eye doctor and got a new Rx and then got new glasses. Here I am tonight in my pjs with my glasses on display for you:

I know kinda washed out due to the bright flash and the fact that I am sitting in the dark writing this. Sorry. 

Anyway, I learned yesterday that losing your glasses seems to be a rather costly mistake. I guess that is why these will have to last me for the next 15 years. 

On a separate note: my exercising goal is going well. I have been waking up to an alarm every morning and going running. My legs are killing me but my spirits are up. How are you doing on your resolutions?


Lindsay RC Wilson said...

I am impressed that they lasted 15 years. I have never had glasses to have to keep track of, so I don't really know, but I can't keep track of a pair of sunglasses for more than a year, so pat on the back from me. I was realizing today that the shoes I was wearing I got for my 14th birthday.

Doing My Best said...

Someone recently told me about this place: I was able to get 3 pairs of glasses for my son (in the interest of peace and harmony in our home, I figured I'd better buy some back-ups) for about $50!

I just thought I'd pass that along because I was VERY GRATEFUL to the person who passed in on to me =).

shanan said...

This is epic. Very, very epic. New glasses!? Way to go, Steph!!


Love ya! ha

Emily in Wonderland said...

I can't believe your glasses lasted you 15 years! That is wild! I got my first pair of glasses when I was 8, got my eyes checked each year and got a new pair just about every year thereafter until college! Because every year my eyes got a little worse! I can't believe your eyes NEVER CHANGED in 15 years! Are you sure your Rx isn't stronger now? That's so strange to me!

Finally this last pair I have had since 2008, which is the longest I have gone without a new pair, and the last two pairs I have had have not had a perscription change. It's been about 7-8 years or so that I've been here (20/800- perfect is 20/20, I can't even see the big E at the top; 550 right, 500 left, I'm blind. And I'm a photographer!)

The new ones look cute! I'm due for a new pair now. I made the mistake of getting plastic frames last time, they bent and when I went to get them bent back they said the plastic is so brittle that they will break if they try to bend them back. :( So I need an exam and new everything since my Rx is so old.

Congrats on the new glasses, they look good!!!