Friday, August 19, 2011

Party of...


Tonight after the funeral, we got ready to feed the missionaries. I had Jon stop at the store to get some ingredients and in an hour I threw together some chicken enchiladas, Texas caviar, and fresh papaya with lime juice. Just before the 2 sister missionaries arrived I figured we ought to set the table. (We don't usually set the table for dinner around here, but since we were having guests...)

I was thinking in my head, "what are we going to need about 8 plates? No there are 8 in just our family. Plus the 2 missionaries. Minus Harrison. He won't need a place. That makes nine." And so we set nine places. 

It was only after the missionaries came and everyone sat down that I noticed one place setting was being unused. I though, "who is missing?" Then it hit me. I had set a place for Camille. 

6 comments:

chloe's clan said...

I love that. Just as it should be, always apart of things. :)

Susan Anderson said...

Makes sense to me.

=)

Anonymous said...

sweet

J♥M said...

I'm sure she was there with everyone! I love your blog!

Rebecca said...

Your counting made perfect sense to me. I'm sure she was glad to be included :)

Garbage Guru's Wife said...

Powerful. She is always there with you.