Monday, August 17, 2009

Squeezing the Juice Out of Summer

We have spent the last week in the pool, with cousins, sleeping in, and doing as few chores as possible. Usually I make the girls do lots of chores in their time off school. But I really wanted them to have a "break" between school years. Since we only have 2 weeks off between grades we are trying to make our "summer vacation" as full of fun as possible.

This weekend we headed to see our Southern California cousins and just play. There were no agendas. We hit the pool a couple of times and roasted marshmallows around the fire pit. Best of all we got to see family. We miss California. We lived there for about 7 years before we moved here and we miss the weather, our friends, and our family down there.

This week we have more pool time scheduled. We are cramming in some daily swimming lessons. We also have play dates to go on and bikes to ride in the evening. Who knows maybe we will even make some ice cream.

So if I am not on here blogging, I am probably holding Noble or trying to maximize our summer fun.

4 comments:

Elise said...

I just re-read most of your posts about Camille. You write so well. I enjoyed finding out more about your cute family! It is amazing what a person can endure. Although I experienced a loss, I found that I could not wrap my brain around what YOU had to go through (having known and raised her on this earth for a short time). The pictures and the momories. . . . a further testament of the truthfulness of this gospel and the plan of salvation. Your strength is incredible. I am honored to learn from you and your insights. Congratulations on your newest addition! I am so glad that I got to meet him in person! Our new baby has been very healing. There is a sense of hope and peace for what the future holds. Our blog is private, but I would be happy to add you in if you are interested--no pressure though, and I really mean that.

Chelsa said...

glad ya'll are enjoying your "summer break"! sounds like fun! and i vote "yes" on the ice cream making! :)

Diana Lesjak said...

Sounds like a good time is being had by all!! Keep it up!

Judy said...

Sounds like the perfect way to spend the last couple of weeks of Summer! Enjoy your family!!