Friday, May 29, 2009

Dance Auditions 2

I don't have too much to say about SYTYCD this week. I LOVED Adam Shankman's partnering of the lindy hop girl and the critique by the former contestants. That was classic. 

I also love the guy who does the old Gene Kelly style dance that made it to the top 40 last year. I am so glad he came back this year and his tap dancing brother was great too. I hope one of them makes it further this year. 

I was a little bugged by how much of the "bad" auditions they showed and how few of the great ones. I would rather watch all good ones and just leave out the sad ones. But Jon likes the ones that aren't good so at least he will watch this part of the show with me. 

I just don't find much humor in watching people embarrass themselves, purposely or otherwise. 

I am looking forward to seeing all the good dancing that is sure to come in Vegas week.


4 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

I'm with you. I just don't enjoy watching the "bad" ones. But we're all finished with that part now, so that's good!

=)

Mythreesons said...

I so agree. I was so annoyed that the first day in Seattle, they only sent 4 people through and they didn't even show them all! Come one! There were only 4... surely they could have shown us all of them instead of spending so much time on the bad auditions and an entire TEN MINUTES on he he must not be named. At least we're done with that stuff now. Can't wait for next week!

Apron Appeal said...

last season was the first I watched. I'm torn as to whether or not I want my girls to watch the show...definitely NOT the auditions, you never know what you are going to get and dance can be so scary anyway.

Now that you are the mother of a son, how do you feel about him dancing?

shanan said...

we just got back from vacation and I got caught up on all the SYTYCD shows that had recorded ...

I couldn't agree with you more. Adam Shankman made me literally laugh out loud. It was great. and the tap dancing brother had such a clever solo.

I'm so excited for the rest of the season!! Do you think it would be very cost effective for me to fly out every week for your SYTYCD parties?? :)