Friday, August 22, 2008

Obituary


Our little 3.2 megapixel Sony cybershot digital camera died this week after an accidental beating by unnamed little women. Sony was a loyal and trusted member of the Waite family for nearly a decade. She was the newest hottest camera available when the Waite's purchased her so many years ago. 

Over the last 8 years, she has served the family well. She captured the births of 4 lovely daughters, 16 birthdays, and hundreds of everyday wonders. As of late, little Sony had seemed a bit sluggish in her flash speed. She simply could not get a picture of Lauren with her eyes open if she used her flash. She also found her megapixels more limiting in these modern times. 

We will miss our little Sony cybershot. 

May she rest in pieces. 

She is survived by a new Nikon Coolpix P80. We are anxious to get to know this new arrival and begin recording new memories with her. 

Welcome to the family little Niki!

17 comments:

Chelsea said...

oh i like the new camera. *drool*

Scrappy said...

I can't wait to see the beautiful pictures you take with this!

Carolyn said...

Hello pretty! You look very smart and capable. Welcome to your new family. I think you are going to have your work cut out for you!


So does "unmentioned girlie" now get to keep the old camera for a cool new toy?

EMILY said...

cute steph. i recently got a canon xti. trying to learn how to use it. the automatic setting is pretty straight forward but i have no idea how to use all the fancy features! i need a long car trip to sit and read the manual and play around! the first 3 pictures on my jewelry blog were taken with it though and i think they look great!

Alisa said...

This made me laugh! Thanks! My Sony Cyber-shot is also getting sluggish. I'm anxious to see how you like the new "addition" to the family, as I may soon be in the market for one myself. Happy photo opps!
Alisa Ashby

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

Is it a DSLR? I'm amazed at how many people are buying those nowadays. I got mine almost a year ago and have absolutely loved it. (And it was a very similar situation to yours--our old digital died on me and we decided to upgrade).

Marleen said...

I'm sure you will love your new addition to the family. Niki will give you more of a reason to capture the memories of your lives.

Darren and Nikki said...

She looks just like you! I prefer to think that she was named after her Aunt Nikki than her given name of "Nikon". :) Very pretty camera.

Just me! said...

Sweet!! Im jealous!

Brimaca said...

I want a new camera! I'm very hard on them though so I don't thing the hubby will be too supportive.

Sarah said...

Very Nice! Welcome to the Nikon family :)

Shanan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shanan said...

I hope you enjoy it! Nikon's are great cameras. Little Niki will do a wonderful job filling the shoes little Sony left behind! ;)

e said...

WAHOOOOO!!!!!

so happy for you. our 3.2 is now berk's play thing. even he says, "this camera is slow. I need a new one!"

fyi... got my video chat working yesterday. screen sharing too. it's so. dang. cool. let's chat it up today.

give the girlies hugs from their aunt buff today!

a.k.a. Jack said...

"may she rest in 'pieces'" . . . lol

Amanda said...

oh you are so lucky!!! My sister has one and it makes a big diff-

Erin said...

Hi Stephenie! I love to read your blog. You are a terrific writer.

My camera has also been beaten at the hands of two adorable little guys. I am looking for a new camera and was wondering how you are liking your Nikon. Now that you have have time to play with it.

Thanks, Erin
asatea@yahoo.com